NATIONAL FEDERATION OF POSTAL EMPLOYEES
DECISION OF THE NFPE FEDERAL SECRETARIAT MEETING HELD AT NEW DELHI ON 19.10.2013
1. The decision taken by the Postal Joint Council of Action (NFPE & FNPO) to go on nationwide indefinite strike on the following demands is discussed and fully endorsed.
(a) Inclusion of GDS under the purview of 7th CPC
(b) Revision wages w.e.f. 01.01.2006 and regularization of casual, part-time and contingent employees.
(c) Grant of 50% DA merger to all employees including Gramin Dak Sevaks.
2. Reviewed the arrangement made for conducting the inaugural ceremony of the year long Diamond Jubilee Celebrations of NFPE on 24th November 2013. The Venue of the function will be MP’s club Hall, North Avenue, Near NFPE office, New Delhi. The function will be arranged at 4 PM. Leaders and other member of NFPE and Leaders of fraternal organizations will be invited to the function.
3. Reviewed the arrangement made for the successful conducting of the GDS Parliament March on 11th December 2013 under the banner of AIPEU-GDS (NFPE) Decided to extend full support to make the programme a historic success.
4. Decided to ensure participation of delegates as per quota fixed from all the affiliates of NFPE in the All India Trade Union Education Camp organized by Confederation at Mumbai on 15th & 16th November 2013. NFPE Circle Union shall raise maximum funds for meeting the expenditure for accommodation of NFPE delegates. For other details please see websites. Delegate fee is Rs. 600/- per delegate.
5. Decided to ensure maximum participation of lady delegates on the All India Women’s convention of Confederation to be held at New Delhi on 25th & 26th November 2013. Accommodation is being arranged by Reception Committee. As the weather will be cold in Delhi, all delegates are requested to bring warm clothes also. Delegate fee is Rs. 600/- per delegate. For other details please see websites.
6. Decided to extend all support to the newly formed “All India Postal & RMS Pensioners Association” under the leadership of Com. D. K. Rahate, Chairman (Ex-President, NFPE) Com. Narasimhan, Vice Chairman (All India Vice President, Confederation and Ex-NFPE) and Com. K. Raghavendran, General Convener (Ex-Secretary General, NFPE). It is decided that all Circle/Divisional unions of NFPE affiliated unions shall make special efforts to form the Divisional/District/circle branches of the Pensioner’s Association in a phased manner before the end of December 2013.
7. Com. M. Krishnan, Secretary General, Confederation and NFPE will be attending the Trade Union Congress organized by “Southern Initiative on Globalization and Trade Union Rights (SIGTUR)” at Perth (Australia) from 2nd to 6th December 2013.
8. See the decision of the Central JCA meeting (NFPE & FNPO) held on 19.10.2013, published separately.